The Heart of our Company Blog
This month we are focusing on Eggbuckland Community Stores near Plymouth.
Thank you to Emma for taking part in this months Customer Q&A, Emma took over the store around 18 months ago as a failing business and she has completely transformed it, a shop that is growing all the time.
They have a really good Facebook following and presence and are very fond of by their Customers.
They stock a massive range of products so if you are local to the Eggbuckland area or passing by be sure to pop in meet the friendly Team and have a look at what produce they have to offer.
They run a weekly meat raffle which is 50p a ticket, and all the money goes back in the pot. The Store love running this raffle and being able to give this as a prize to a Customer every week – such a great idea!
- How long has Eggbuckland Stores been running?
I took it over as a failed buisness 18 months ago, it was established 1967 I think!
- What do you like the most and least about working in the food industry?
I just love good food & get a buzz out of being able to sell it on
- If you were putting together a Cheese board what would be your top 3 Cheeses?
Taw valley tasty cheddar
St endellion Brie
- Have you seen an increase in people shopping locally since the Pandemic?
A slight increase, I think the noticeable difference has been an increase in basket spend.
- How long have you been a Customer of Isca?
I took you on from the old buisness 18 months ago
- What are some of your best-selling products?
Have these changed during the past year? Farm meat, free-range eggs, cheeses
- Do you regularly look for new stock? Is there any products we don’t currently sell that you you’d like to see available?
I cant find paneer cheese, that would be useful. Also bousin cheese. Am always looking, love quirky new things, anything that co ops don’t sell!
We can definitely get hold of those cheeses as above, we don’t keep them in stock but can order them in.
If you’d like to get involved as a Customer or Supplier, drop us an email email@example.com or message us on facebook to show your interest.
When life is abit more back to normal we will be doing some face to face chats too.